- How to Log In to Your Devices Without Passwordsby David Nield on April 11, 2021 at 11:00 am
You can use your face, fingerprint, or a wearable to get access to your gadgets. It saves you some typing—and makes you feel like a spy.
- Oh Look, LinkedIn Also Had 500M Users' Data Scrapedby Brian Barrett on April 10, 2021 at 1:22 pm
Plus: A bad Zoom bug, a billion-dollar cocaine bust, and more of the week's top security news.
- Facebook Had Years to Fix Flaw That Leaked 500M Users’ Databy Lily Hay Newman on April 10, 2021 at 12:15 am
Software makers can’t catch every bug every time, but Facebook had ample warning about the privacy problems with its “contact import” feature.
- Extremist Charged With Plot to Blow Up Amazon Data Centersby Brian Barrett on April 9, 2021 at 10:38 pm
The FBI arrested the suspect in Texas after he purchased explosives from an undercover agent.
- Russia May Have Found a New Way to Censor the Internetby Dan Goodin, Ars Technica on April 8, 2021 at 1:00 pm
In an attempt to silence Twitter, the Kremlin appears to have developed novel techniques to restrict online content.