- The US Government Needs to Invest in Digital Designby Ro Khanna , Shaun Modi on January 17, 2021 at 2:00 pm
Our nation’s failure to invest in information technology has severely limited our Covid response. A federal chief experience officer could change that.
- Climate Change Needs an Operation Warp Speedby Clive Thompson on January 17, 2021 at 12:00 pm
If the Covid vaccine push has proved anything, it’s that big government works.
- If Covid-19 Did Start With a Lab Leak, Would We Ever Know?by Roger Pielke Jr. on January 16, 2021 at 3:40 pm
The two major investigations into the origins of the pandemic are compromised by potential conflicts of interest. Those problems need to be fixed—fast.
- The DC Riot Is the Sandy Hook of the Disinformation Crisisby Philip M. Napoli on January 14, 2021 at 2:00 pm
After the 2012 mass shooting, many asked: If this doesn’t lead to change, can we ever expect change? We should be asking the same of the insurrection.
- Crime Rates Dropped in 2020—Just as They Did in 1918by David S. Abrams on January 14, 2021 at 1:00 pm
An economist looks at public safety during the Covid lockdowns and also at the time of Spanish Flu.